lunes, 23 de marzo de 2015

MY TRIP TO COLOMBIA

Qué alegría poder compartir en nuestro blog artículos de invitados especiales como Matthew Kors, un turista  que nos cuenta sobre su experiencia en éste gran país Colombia. Disfrutemolo y que este sea un espacio para que reflexionemos y amemos muchísimo más a nuestro país.

I got the joy of traveling to Colombia in 2014 for Christmas and New Years. I came to see my fiancé and meet her family. What a fantastic experience.  Colombia is very different from the United States, but in very good ways.  For example, the people in Colombia were all so very friendly and welcoming.  Everywhere we went I was always made to feel very welcome, everyone made sure I was comfortable and entertained.  
Leidy’s family was so funny and joyous.  And that is the main difference I notice in Colombians versus people from the United States, Colombians know how to enjoy life to the fullest.  People from the United States are mostly friendly and welcoming, but not so much as in Colombia. 
        

My second most favorite thing, after the people in Colombia, was definitely the food.  Food is so fantastic in Colombia.  Everything is so fresh and tastes amazing.  In the United States, most food is shipped so it has been frozen or been stored for a short period of time and preserved.  In Colombia, everything was picked or baked or killed very recent to when I ate it.  The meat was phenomenal, the fruit was like I have never had in my life, and the bread, cookies, and cakes were so tasty.  I miss the food a lot when I am home in the United States.

          

I am so glad I have had the joy to visit Colombia. I am even happier that I will be getting to visit many many more times in the future. Colombia  is an amazing and beautiful country with outstanding people and incredible food.  


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario