lunes, 2 de marzo de 2015

JUST DO IT


By Heliana Niño

I do not need to learn English. I have everything solved. I am a lawyer, I am married with an amazing man and we have a beautiful daughter.   In my job, I do not need to know another language. I can say that in my life everything is fine. Thank God.

However, a few months ago, I remembered one my dreams:  to learn English. When I was younger I wanted to speak English fluently.  I wanted to accomplish simple tasks such as: to read a lot of books in original version and forage newspapers or magazines, I wanted travel and to know the world all by myself, whit my eyes! But the time elapsed and wonderful things happened in my life and that dream simply vanished.    

My first reaction to that memory was: “It is so late. I do not have time and do not need it”. But in said to me I felt frustrated. Fortunately he was there, my best friend, my support, my husband. He said to me “you can do it, I know”. A few days ago, I decided do it. His words gave me wings to fly after my dream.

I found the way to English. I met Camila and she brought me to Green Light Institute. I started three weeks ago and retook my English lessons. I know is not easy by will do it with discipline and constancy. Now is the time to face my fears, is the time to turn my dream in reality.

Every day you and I, we make decisions, from the most simple to the most important ones. We have the power of choose. We are free to decide what we want to be and do: you can choose for healthy living, eat in a balance way an exercise or have disorganized life; you can decide which carrier you want to study; to be single or to get married; you can decide believe in God and live in his love or let him behind; you decide to be happy or not; you can decide to pursue your dreams or forget them. The results of all our decisions determine and define us as a person.


What about you? Do you have a dream? It does not matter if is a big or small dream. You can decide turn it in reality. Just do it. 


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario